14 CFR § 121.424 - Pilots: Initial, transition, conversion, and upgrade flight training.
(a) Initial, transition, and conversion flight training for pilots must include the following:
(1) Flight training and practice in the maneuvers and procedures set forth in the certificate holder's approved low-altitude windshear flight training program and in appendix E to this part, as applicable; and
(2) Extended envelope training set forth in § 121.423.
(b) Beginning on April 27, 2022, in addition to the requirements in paragraph (a) of this section, initial flight training for pilots in command must include sufficient scenario-based training incorporating CRM and leadership and command skills, to ensure the pilot's proficiency as pilot in command. The training required by this paragraph may be completed inflight or in an FSTD.
(1) That windshear maneuvers and procedures must be performed in an FFS in which the maneuvers and procedures are specifically authorized to be accomplished;
(2) That the extended envelope training required by § 121.423 must be performed in a Level C or higher full flight simulator unless the Administrator has issued to the certificate holder a deviation in accordance with § 121.423(e); and
(d) Except as permitted in paragraph (e) of this section, the initial flight training required by paragraph (a)(1) of this section must include at least the following programmed hours of inflight training and practice unless reduced under § 121.405;
(1) Group I airplanes—
(1) With respect to § 121.409(c) of this part—
(i) Training and practice in the FFS in at least all of the maneuvers and procedures set forth in appendix E of this part for initial flight training that are capable of being performed in an FFS; and
(ii) A proficiency check in the FFS or the airplane to the level of proficiency of a pilot in command or second in command, as applicable, in at least the maneuvers and procedures set forth in appendix F of this part that are capable of being performed in an FFS.
(2) With respect to § 121.409(d) of this part, training and practice in at least the maneuvers and procedures set forth in the certificate holder's approved low-altitude windshear flight training program that are capable of being performed in an FFS in which the maneuvers and procedures are specifically authorized.
(f) Compliance with paragraphs (a)(2) and (c)(2) of this section is required no later than March 12, 2019.
(g) Before April 27, 2022, upgrade flight training must be provided in accordance with paragraphs (a), (c), (e), and (f), of this section or § 121.426. Beginning on April 27, 2022, upgrade flight training must be provided as specified in § 121.426.