14 CFR 129.22 - Communication and navigation equipment for rotorcraft operations under VFR over routes navigated by pilotage.
(a) No foreign air carrier may operate a rotorcraft under VFR over routes that can be navigated by pilotage unless the rotorcraft is equipped with the radio communication equipment necessary under normal operating conditions to fulfill the following:
(1) Communicate with at least one appropriate station from any point on the route;
(2) Communicate with appropriate air traffic control facilities from any point within Class B, Class C, or Class D airspace, or within a Class E surface area designated for an airport in which flights are intended; and
(3) Receive meteorological information from any point en route.
(1) Radio communication equipment necessary under normal operating conditions to fulfill the functions specified in paragraph (a) of this section; and
(2) Navigation equipment suitable for the route to be flown.