14 CFR 142.1 - Applicability.
(a) This subpart prescribes the requirements governing the certification and operation of training centers. Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, this part provides an alternative means to accomplish training required by parts 61, 63, 65, 91, 121, 125, 135, or 137 of this chapter.
(b) Certification under this part is not required for training that is -
(1) Approved under the provisions of parts 63, 91, 121, 127, 135, or 137 of this chapter;
(2) Approved under subpart Y of part 121 of this chapter, Advanced Qualification Programs, for the authorization holder's own employees;
(3) Conducted under part 61 unless that part requires certification under this part;
(4) Conducted by a part 121 certificate holder for another part 121 certificate holder;
(5) Conducted by a part 135 certificate holder for another part 135 certificate holder; or
(6) Conducted by a part 91 fractional ownership program manager for another part 91 fractional ownership program manager.
(c) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, after August 3, 1998, no person may conduct training, testing, or checking in advanced flight training devices or flight simulators without, or in violation of, the certificate and training specifications required by this part.
Title 14 published on 13-Apr-2017 04:10
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 14 CFR Part 142 after this date.