14 CFR 142.59 - Flight simulators and flight training devices.
(a) An applicant for, or holder of, a training center certificate must show that each flight simulator and flight training device used for training, testing, and checking (except AQP) will be or is specifically qualified and approved by the Administrator for -
(b) The approval required by paragraph (a)(2) of this section must include -
(2) If applicable, the particular variation within type, for which the training, testing, or checking is being conducted; and
(3) The particular maneuver, procedure, or crewmember function to be performed.
(1) Be maintained to ensure the reliability of the performances, functions, and all other characteristics that were required for qualification;
(2) Be modified to conform with any modification to the aircraft being simulated if the modification results in changes to performance, function, or other characteristics required for qualification;
(3) Be given a functional preflight check each day before being used; and
(d) Unless otherwise authorized by the Administrator, each component on a qualified and approved flight simulator or flight training device used by a training center must be operative if the component is essential to, or involved in, the training, testing, or checking of airmen.
(e) Training centers shall not be restricted to specific -
(1) Route segments during line-oriented flight training scenarios; and
(2) Visual data bases replicating a specific customer's bases of operation.
(1) Holding an air carrier certificate; or
(2) Having a specific relationship to an air carrier certificate holder.
Title 14 published on 2015-11-17.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 14 CFR Part 142.