14 CFR 142.73 - Recordkeeping requirements.
(a) A certificate holder must maintain a record for each trainee that contains -
(1) The name of the trainee;
(2) A copy of the trainee's pilot certificate, if any, and medical certificate;
(3) The name of the course and the make and model of flight training equipment used;
(4) The trainee's prerequisite experience and course time completed;
(5) The trainee's performance on each lesson and the name of the instructor providing instruction;
(6) The date and result of each end-of-course practical test and the name of the evaluator conducting the test; and
(7) The number of hours of additional training that was accomplished after any unsatisfactory practical test.
(b) A certificate holder shall maintain a record for each instructor or evaluator designated to instruct a course approved in accordance with subpart B of this part that indicates that the instructor or evaluator has complied with the requirements of §§ 142.13, 142.45, 142.47, 142.49, and 142.53, as applicable.
(c) The certificate holder shall -
(1) Maintain the records required by paragraphs (a) of this section for at least 1 year following the completion of training, testing or checking;
(2) Maintain the qualification records required by paragraph (b) of this section while the instructor or evaluator is in the employ of the certificate holder and for 1 year thereafter; and
(3) Maintain the recurrent demonstration of proficiency records required by paragraph (b) of this section for at least 1 year.
(d) The certificate holder must provide the records required by this section to the Administrator, upon request and at a reasonable time, and shall keep the records required by -
(1) Paragraph (a) of this section at the training center, or satellite training center where the training, testing, or checking, if appropriate, occurred; and
(2) Paragraph (b) of this section at the training center or satellite training center where the instructor or evaluator is primarily employed.
(e) The certificate holder shall provide to a trainee, upon request and at a reasonable time, a copy of his or her training records.