14 CFR § 151.39 - Project eligibility.
(a) A project for construction or land acquisition may not be approved under subparts B and C unless -
(4) The Administrator is satisfied that the project is reasonably consistent with existing plans of public agencies for the development of the area in which the airport is located and will contribute to the accomplishment of the purposes of the Federal-aid Airport Program;
(i) Fair consideration has been given to the interest of all communities in or near which the project is located; and
(ii) Adequate replacement housing that is open to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin, is available and has been offered on the same nondiscriminatory basis to persons who have resided on land physically acquired or to be acquired for the project development and have been or will be displaced thereby;
(6) The project provides for installing such of the landing aids specified in section 10(d) of the Federal Airport Act (49 U.S.C. 1109(d)) as the Administrator considers are needed for the safe and efficient use of the airport by aircraft, based on the category of the airport and the type and volume of its traffic.
(1) Preparing all or part of an airport site, including clearing, grubbing filling and grading.
(2) Dredging of seaplane anchorages and channels.
(5) Constructing, altering, or repairing runways, taxiways, and aprons, including -
(i) Bituminous resurfacing of pavements with a minimum of 100 pounds of plant-mixed material for each square yard;
(ii) Applying bituminous surface treatment on a pavement (in accordance with FAA Specification P-609), the existing surface of which consists of that kind of surface treatment; and
(iii) Resealing a runway that has been substantially extended or partially reconstructed, if that resealing is necessary for the uniform color and appearance of the runway.
(7) Installing, altering, or repairing airport markers and runway, taxiway and apron lighting facilities and equipment.
(8) Constructing, altering, or repairing entrance roads and airport service roads.
(10) Removing, lowering, relocating marking, or lighting any airport hazard.
(11) Clearing, grading, and filling to allow the installing of landing aids.
(12) Relocating structures, roads, and utilities necessary to allow eligible airport development.
(13) Acquiring land or an interest therein, or any easement through or other interest in airspace, when necessary to -
(ii) Prevent or limit the establishment of airport hazards;
(iii) Allow the removal, lowering, relocation, marking, and lighting of existing airport hazards;
(iv) Allow the installing of landing aids; or
(c) A project for acquiring land that has been or will be donated to the sponsor is not eligible for inclusion in the Federal-aid Airport Program, unless the project also includes other items of airport development that would require a sponsor's contribution equal to or more than the United States share of the value of the donated land as appraised by the Administrator.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.