14 CFR 221.202 - The filing of tariffs and amendments to tariffs.
All electronic tariffs and amendments filed under this subpart, including those for which authority is sought to effect changes on less than bilateral/statutory notice under § 221.212, shall contain the following data elements:
(a) A Filing Advice Status File - which shall include:
(1) Filing date and time;
(2) Filing advice number;
(3) Reference to carrier;
(4) Reference to geographic area;
(5) Effective date of amendment or tariff;
(6) A place for government action to be recorded; and
(7) Reference to the Special Tariff Permission when applicable.
(b) A Government Filing File - which shall include:
(1) Filing advice number;
(2) Carrier reference;
(3) Filing date and time;
(4) Proposed effective date;
(5) Justification text; reference to geographic area and affected tariff number;
(6) Reference to the Special Tariff Permission when applicable;
(7) Government control data, including places for:
(i) Name of the government analyst, except that this data shall not be made public, notwithstanding any other provision in this or any other subpart;
(ii) Action taken and reasons therefor.
(iii) Remarks, except that internal Departmental data shall not be made public, notwithstanding any other provision in this or any other subpart;
(iv) Date action is taken; and
(v) Personal Identification Number; and
(8) Fares tariff, or proposed changes to the fares tariffs, including:
(ii) Fare code;
(iii) One-way/roundtrip (O/R);
(iv) Fare Amount;
(vi) Footnote (FN);
(vii) Rule Number, provided that, if the rule number is in a tariff, reference shall be made to that tariff containing the rule;
(viii) Routing (RG) Number(s), provided that the abbreviation MPM (Maximum Permissible Routing) shall be considered a number for the purpose of this file;
(ix) Effective date and discontinue date if the record has been superseded;
(x) Percent of change from previous fares; and
(xi) Expiration date.
(9) Rules tariff, or proposed changes to the rules tariffs.
(i) Rules tariffs shall include:
(A) Title: General description of fare rule type and geographic area under the rule;
(B) Application: Specific description of fare class, geographic area, type of transportation (one way, round-trip, etc.);
(C) Period of Validity: Specific description of permissible travel dates and any restrictions on when travel is not permitted;
(D) Reservations/ticketing: Specific description of reservation and ticketing provisions, including any advance reservation/ticketing requirements, provisions for payment (including prepaid tickets), and charges for any changes;
(E) Capacity Control: Specific description of any limitation on the number of passengers, available seats, or tickets;
(F) Combinations: Specific description of permitted/restricted fare combinations;
(G) Length of Stay: Specific description of minimum/maximum number of days before the passenger may/must begin return travel;
(H) Stopovers: Specific description of permissible conditions, restrictions, or charges on stopovers;
(I) Routing: Specific description of routing provisions, including transfer provisions, whether on-line or inter-line;
(J) Discounts: Specific description of any limitations, special conditions, and discounts on status fares, e.g. children or infants, senior citizens, tour conductors, or travel agents, and any other discounts;
(K) Cancellation and Refunds: Specific description of any special conditions, charges, or credits due for cancellation or changes to reservations, or for request for refund of purchased tickets;
(L) Group Requirements: Specific description of group size, travel conditions, group eligibility, and documentation;
(M) Tour Requirements: Specific description of tour requirements, including minimum price, and any stay or accommodation provisions;
(N) Sales Restrictions: Specific description of any restrictions on the sale of tickets;
(O) Rerouting: Specific description of rerouting provisions, whether on-line or inter-line, including any applicable charges; and
(P) Miscellaneous provisions: Any other applicable conditions.
(ii) Rules tariffs shall not contain the phrase “intentionally left blank”.
(10) Any material accepted by the Department for informational purposes only shall be clearly identified as “for informational purposes only, not part of official tariff”, in a manner acceptable to the Department.
(c) A Historical File - which shall include:
(2) Fare code;
(3) One-way/roundtrip (O/R);
(4) Fare amount;
(6) Footnote (FN);
(7) Rule Number, provided that, if the rule number is in a tariff other than the fare tariff, reference shall be made to that tariff containing the rule;
(8) Rule text applicable to each fare at the time that the fare was in effect.
(9) Routing (RG) Number(s), provided that the abbreviation MPM (Maximum Permissible Routing) shall be considered a number for the purpose of this file;
(10) Effective Date;
(11) Discontinue Date;
(12) Government Action;
(14) All inactive fares (two years);
(15) Any other fare data which is essential; and
(16) Any necessary cross reference to the Government Filing File for research or other purposes.
- 14 CFR 221.30 — Passenger Fares and Charges.
- 14 CFR 221.180 — Requirements for Electronic Filing of Tariffs.
- 14 CFR 221.71 — Requirement of Clarity and Specificity.
- 14 CFR 221.200 — Content and Explanation of Abbreviations, Reference Marks and Symbols.
- 14 CFR 221.31 — Rules and Regulations Governing Passenger Fares and Services.
- 14 CFR 221.212 — Special Tariff Permission.