14 CFR 27.479 - Level landing conditions.
(1) An attitude in which all wheels contact the ground simultaneously.
(2) An attitude in which the aft wheels contact the ground with the forward wheels just clear of the ground.
(b) Loading conditions. The rotorcraft must be designed for the following landing loading conditions:
(1) Vertical loads applied under § 27.471.
(2) The loads resulting from a combination of the loads applied under paragraph (b)(1) of this section with drag loads at each wheel of not less than 25 percent of the vertical load at that wheel.
(3) If there are two wheels forward, a distribution of the loads applied to those wheels under paragraphs (b)(1) and (2) of this section in a ratio of 40:60.
(c) Pitching moments. Pitching moments are assumed to be resisted by -
(1) In the case of the attitude in paragraph (a)(1) of this section, the forward landing gear; and
(2) In the case of the attitude in paragraph (a)(2) of this section, the angular inertia forces.
Title 14 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 14 CFR Part 27 after this date.