14 CFR 29.1303 - Flight and navigation instruments.
The following are required flight and navigational instruments:
(a) An airspeed indicator. For Category A rotorcraft with VNE less than a speed at which unmistakable pilot cues provide overspeed warning, a maximum allowable airspeed indicator must be provided. If maximum allowable airspeed varies with weight, altitude, temperature, or r.p.m., the indicator must show that variation.
(b) A sensitive altimeter.
(c) A magnetic direction indicator.
(d) A clock displaying hours, minutes, and seconds with a sweep-second pointer or digital presentation.
(e) A free-air temperature indicator.
(f) A non-tumbling gyroscopic bank and pitch indicator.
(g) A gyroscopic rate-of-turn indicator combined with an integral slip-skid indicator (turn-and-bank indicator) except that only a slip-skid indicator is required on rotorcraft with a third attitude instrument system that -
(1) Is usable through flight attitudes of ±80 degrees of pitch and ±120 degrees of roll;
(2) Is powered from a source independent of the electrical generating system;
(3) Continues reliable operation for a minimum of 30 minutes after total failure of the electrical generating system;
(4) Operates independently of any other attitude indicating system;
(5) Is operative without selection after total failure of the electrical generating system;
(7) Is appropriately lighted during all phases of operation.
(h) A gyroscopic direction indicator.
(i) A rate-of-climb (vertical speed) indicator.
(j) For Category A rotorcraft, a speed warning device when VNE is less than the speed at which unmistakable overspeed warning is provided by other pilot cues. The speed warning device must give effective aural warning (differing distinctively from aural warnings used for other purposes) to the pilots whenever the indicated speed exceeds VNE plus 3 knots and must operate satisfactorily throughout the approved range of altitudes and temperatures.
Title 14 published on 2015-11-17
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 14 CFR Part 29 after this date.
Title 14 published on 2015-11-17.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 14.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.