14 CFR 29.1383 - Landing lights.
(a) Each required landing or hovering light must be approved.
(b) Each landing light must be installed so that -
(1) No objectionable glare is visible to the pilot;
(2) The pilot is not adversely affected by halation; and
(3) It provides enough light for night operation, including hovering and landing.
(c) At least one separate switch must be provided, as applicable -
(1) For each separately installed landing light; and
(2) For each group of landing lights installed at a common location.