(a) Form. An application must be in writing, in English and filed in duplicate with the Federal Aviation Administration, Associate Administrator for Commercial Space Transportation, Room 331, 800 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC 20591. Attention: Application Review.
(b)Administrative information. An application must identify the following:
(1) The name and address of the applicant;
(2) The name, address, and telephone number of any person to whom inquiries and correspondence should be directed; and
(3) The type of license or permit for which the applicant is applying.
(c)Signature and certification of accuracy. An application must be legibly signed, dated, and certified as true, complete, and accurate by one of the following:
(1) For a corporation: An officer or other individual authorized to act for the corporation in licensing or permitting matters.
(2)For a partnership or a sole proprietorship: A general partner or proprietor, respectively.
(3) For a joint venture, association, or other entity: An officer or other individual authorized to act for the joint venture, association, or other entity in licensing or permitting matters.
(d)Safety approval. If the applicant proposes to include a safety element for which the FAA issued a safety approval under part 414 in the proposed license activity, the applicant must—
(1) Identify the safety approval in the application and explain the proposed use of the approved safety element.
(2) Show that the proposed use of the approved safety element is consistent with the designated scope specified in the safety approval.
(3) Certify that the safety element will be used according to any terms and conditions of the issued safety approval.
(e)Measurement system consistency. For each analysis, an applicant must employ a consistent measurements system, whether English or metric, in its application and licensing information.