14 CFR § 431.85 - Registration of space objects.
(a) To assist the U.S. Government in implementing Article IV of the 1975 Convention on Registration of Objects Launched into Outer Space, each licensee shall provide to the FAA the information required by paragraph (b) of this section for all objects placed in space by a licensed RLV mission, including an RLV and any components, except:
(1) Any object owned and registered by the U.S. Government; and
(2) Any object owned by a foreign entity.
(b) For each object that must be registered in accordance with this section, a licensee shall submit the following information not later than thirty (30) days following the conduct of a licensed RLV mission :
(1) The international designator of the space object(s);
(2) Date and location of the RLV mission initiation;
(3) General function of the space object; and
(4) Final orbital parameters, including:
(i) Nodal period;
(iii) Apogee; and
(c) A licensee shall notify the FAA when it removes an object that it has previously placed in space.