14 CFR 47.3 - Registration required.
(a) An aircraft may be registered under 49 U.S.C. 44103 only when the aircraft is not registered under the laws of a foreign country and is -
(1) Owned by a citizen of the United States;
(2) Owned by an individual citizen of a foreign country lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States;
(3) Owned by a corporation not a citizen of the United States when the corporation is organized and doing business under the laws of the United States or a State within the United States, and the aircraft is based and primarily used in the United States; or
(4) An aircraft of -
(i) The United States Government; or
(ii) A State, the District of Columbia, a territory or possession of the United States, or a political subdivision of a State, territory, or possession.
(b) No person may operate an aircraft that is eligible for registration under 49 U.S.C. 44101-44104, unless the aircraft -
(1) Has been registered by its owner;
(2) Is carrying aboard the temporary authorization required by § 47.31(c); or
(3) Is an aircraft of the Armed Forces.
(c) Governmental units are those named in paragraph (a) of this section and Puerto Rico.
Title 14 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 14 CFR Part 47 after this date.