14 CFR § 61.155 - Aeronautical knowledge.
(a) General. The knowledge test for an airline transport pilot certificate is based on the aeronautical knowledge areas listed in paragraph (c) of this section that are appropriate to the aircraft category and class rating sought.
(b) Aircraft type rating. A person who is applying for an additional aircraft type rating to be added to an airline transport pilot certificate is not required to pass a knowledge test if that person's airline transport pilot certificate lists the aircraft category and class rating that is appropriate to the type rating sought.
(c) Aeronautical knowledge areas.
(1) Applicable Federal Aviation Regulations of this chapter that relate to airline transport pilot privileges, limitations, and flight operations;
(2) Meteorology, including knowledge of and effects of fronts, frontal characteristics, cloud formations, icing, and upper-air data;
(3) General system of weather and NOTAM collection, dissemination, interpretation, and use;
(4) Interpretation and use of weather charts, maps, forecasts, sequence reports, abbreviations, and symbols;
(5) National Weather Service functions as they pertain to operations in the National Airspace System;
(6) Windshear and microburst awareness, identification, and avoidance;
(7) Principles of air navigation under instrument meteorological conditions in the National Airspace System;
(10) Aerodynamics relating to an aircraft's flight characteristics and performance in normal and abnormal flight regimes;
(11) Human factors;
(12) Aeronautical decision making and judgment;
(13) Crew resource management to include crew communication and coordination; and
(d) An applicant who successfully completes the knowledge test for an airline transport pilot certificate prior to August 1, 2014, must successfully complete the practical test within 24 months from the month in which the knowledge test was successfully completed. An applicant who passes the knowledge test prior to August 1, 2014, but fails to successfully complete the airplane category with a multiengine class rating practical test within 24 months must complete the airline transport pilot certification training program specified in § 61.156 and retake the knowledge test prior to applying for the airplane category with a multiengine class rating practical test.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.