14 CFR 91.317 - Provisionally certificated civil aircraft: Operating limitations.
(b) No person may operate a provisionally certificated civil aircraft outside the United States unless that person has specific authority to do so from the Administrator and each foreign country involved.
(1) In direct conjunction with the type or supplemental type certification of that aircraft;
(2) For training flight crews, including simulated air carrier operations;
(3) Demonstration flight by the manufacturer for prospective purchasers;
(4) Market surveys by the manufacturer;
(5) Flight checking of instruments, accessories, and equipment that do not affect the basic airworthiness of the aircraft; or
(6) Service testing of the aircraft.
(e) Each person operating a provisionally certificated civil aircraft shall operate within the prescribed limitations displayed in the aircraft or set forth in the provisional aircraft flight manual or other appropriate document. However, when operating in direct conjunction with the type or supplemental type certification of the aircraft, that person shall operate under the experimental aircraft limitations of § 21.191 of this chapter and when flight testing, shall operate under the requirements of § 91.305 of this part.
(1) The use and guidance of flight and ground personnel in operating under this section; and
(g) Each person operating a provisionally certificated civil aircraft shall ensure that each flight crewmember is properly certificated and has adequate knowledge of, and familiarity with, the aircraft and procedures to be used by that crewmember.
(i) Whenever the manufacturer, or the Administrator, determines that a change in design, construction, or operation is necessary to ensure safe operation, no person may operate a provisionally certificated civil aircraft until that change has been made and approved. Section 21.99 of this chapter applies to operations under this section.
Title 14 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 14 CFR Part 91 after this date.