15 CFR 4.2 - Public reading rooms.
(a) Records that the FOIA requires to be made available for public inspection and copying are accessible electronically through the Department's “Electronic FOIA Library” on the Department's Web site, http://www.doc.gov, which includes links to Web sites for those components that maintain Electronic FOIA Libraries. These records may also be accessible at the FOIAonline Web site, http://foiaonline.regulations.gov. Each component of the Department is responsible for determining which of its records are required to be made available, as well as identifying additional records of interest to the public that are appropriate for disclosure, and for making those records available either in its own Electronic Library or in the Department's central Electronic FOIA Library. Components that maintain their own Electronic FOIA Library are designated as such in Appendix A to this part. Each component shall also maintain and make available electronically a current subject-matter index of the records made available electronically. Each component shall ensure that posted records and indices are updated regularly, at least quarterly.
(b) If the requester does not have access to the Internet and wishes to obtain information regarding publicly available information, he or she may contact the component's FOIA office. Appendix A to this part contains the contact information for the components' FOIA offices. Some components may also maintain physical public reading rooms. These components and their contact information are listed in Appendix A to this part.
(1) A current index providing information for the public as to any matter that is issued, adopted, or promulgated after July 4, 1997, and that is retained as a record and is required to be made available or published. Copies of the index are available upon request after payment of the direct cost of duplication;
(2) Copies of records that have been released and that the component that maintains them determines, because of their subject matter, have become or are likely to become the subject of subsequent requests for substantially the same records;
(3) A general index of the records described in paragraph (c)(2) of this section;
(4) Final opinions and orders, including concurring and dissenting opinions made in the adjudication of cases;
(5) Those statements of policy and interpretations that have been adopted by a component and are not published in the Federal Register; and
(6) Administrative staff manuals and instructions to staff that affect a member of the public.
Title 15 published on 2015-12-05
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 15 CFR Part 4 after this date.
Title 15 published on 2015-12-05.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 15 CFR Part 4.