15 CFR 705.11 - Determination by the President and adjustment of imports.
(a) Upon the submission of a report to the President by the Secretary under § 705.10(b) of this part, in which the Department has found that an article is being imported into the United States in such quantities or under such circumstances as to threaten to impair the national security, the President is required by Section 232(c) of the Trade Expansion Act of 1962, as amended ( 19 U.S.C. 1862(c)) to take the following action
(1) Within 90 days after receiving the report from the Secretary, the President shall determine:
(i) Whether the President concurs with the Department's finding; and
(ii) If the President concurs, the nature and duration of the action that must be taken to adjust the imports of the article and its derivatives so that the such imports will not threaten to impair the national security.
(2) If the President determines to take action under this section, such action must be taken no later than fifteen (15) days after making the determination.
(3) By no later than thirty (30) days after making the determinations under paragraph (a)(1) of this section, the President shall submit to the Congress a written statement of the reasons why the President has decided to take action, or refused to take action.
(b) If the action taken by the President under this section is the negotiation of an agreement to limit or restrict the importation into the United States of the article in question, and either no such agreement is entered into within 180 days after making the determination to take action, or an executed agreement is not being carried out or is ineffective in eliminating the threat to the national security, the President shall either:
(1) Take such other action as deemed necessary to adjust the imports of the article so that such imports will not threaten to impair the national security. Notice of any such additional action taken shall be published in the Federal Register; or
(2) Not take any additional action. This determination and the reasons on which it is based, shall be published in the Federal Register.
Title 15 published on 19-May-2018 03:55
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 15 CFR Part 705 after this date.