15 CFR Part 748 - APPLICATIONS (CLASSIFICATION, ADVISORY, AND LICENSE) AND DOCUMENTATION
- § 748.1 General provisions.
- § 748.2 Obtaining forms; mailing addresses.
- § 748.3 Classification requests and advisory opinions.
- § 748.4 Basic guidance related to applying for a license.
- § 748.5 Parties to the transaction.
- § 748.6 General instructions for license applications.
- § 748.7 Registering for electronic submission of license applications and related documents.
- § 748.8 Unique application and submission requirements.
- § 748.9 Support documents for evaluation of foreign parties in license applications and/or for promoting compliance with license requirements.
- § 748.10 People's Republic of China (PRC) End-User Statement.
- § 748.11 Statement by Ultimate Consignee and Purchaser.
- § 748.12 Firearms import certificate or import permit.
- § 748.13 Hong Kong import and export licenses.
- § 748.14 Granting of exceptions to the support documentation requirements.
- § 748.15 Authorization Validated End-User (VEU).
- Supplement No. 1 to Part 748 - BIS-748P, BIS-748P-A; Item Appendix, and BIS-748P-B; End-User Appendix; Multipurpose Application Instructions
- Supplement No. 2 to Part 748 - Unique Application and Submission Requirements
- Supplement No. 3 to Part 748 - Statement by Ultimate Consignee and Purchaser Content Requirements
- Supplement No. 4 to Part 748 [Reserved]
- Supplement No. 5 to Part 748 - U.S. Import Certificate and Delivery Verification Procedure
- Supplement No. 6 to Part 748 - Authorities Issuing Import Certificates Under the Firearms Convention [Reserved]
- Supplement No. 7 to Part 748 - Authorization Validated End-User (VEU): List of Validated End-Users, Respective Items Eligible for Export, Reexport and Transfer, and Eligible Destinations
- Supplement No. 8 to Part 748 - Information Required in Requests for Validated End-User (Veu) Authorization
- Supplement No. 9 to Part 748 - End-User Review Committee Procedures
The firearms in this license application will not be shipped from or manufactured in Russia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, or Uzbekistan, except for any firearm model controlled by 0A501 that is specified under Annex A in Supplement No. 4 to part 740. I and the parties to this transaction will comply with the requirements specified in paragraphs (z)(2)(i) and (ii) of Supplement No. 2 to part 748.
(2) Requirements. Each approved license for commodities described under this paragraph (z) must comply with the requirements specified in paragraphs (z)(2)(i) and (ii) of this supplement.
(i) When the firearms enter the U.S. as a temporary import, the temporary importer or its agent must:
(A) Provide the following statement to U.S. Customs and Border Protection: “This shipment is being temporarily imported in accordance with the EAR. This shipment will be exported in accordance with and under the authority of BIS license number (provide the license number) (15 CFR 750.7(a) and 758.4);”
(B) Provide to U.S. Customs and Border Protection an invoice or other appropriate import-related documentation (or electronic equivalents) that includes a complete list and description of the firearms being temporarily imported, including their model, make, caliber, serial numbers, quantity, and U.S. dollar value; and
(C) Provide (if temporarily imported for servicing or replacement) to U.S. Customs and Border Protection the name, address, and contact information (telephone number and/or email) of the organization or individual in the U.S. that will be receiving the item for servicing or replacement); and
(ii) In addition to the export clearance requirements of part 758 of the EAR, the exporter or its agent must provide the import documentation related to paragraph (z)(2)(i)(B) of this supplement to U.S. Customs and Border Protection at the time of export.
In addition to complying with all applicable EAR requirements for the export of commodities described in paragraph (z) of this supplement, exporters and temporary importers should contact U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) at the port of temporary import or export, or at the CBP website, for the proper procedures for temporarily importing or exporting firearms controlled in ECCN 0A501.a or .b or shotguns with a barrel length less than 18 inches controlled in ECCN 0A502, including regarding how to provide any data or documentation required by BIS.