16 CFR 1028.115 - IRB records.
(a) An institution, or when appropriate an IRB, shall prepare and maintain adequate documentation of IRB activities, including the following:
(1) Copies of all research proposals reviewed, scientific evaluations, if any, that accompany the proposals, approved sample consent documents, progress reports submitted by investigators, and reports of injuries to subjects.
(2) Minutes of IRB meetings which shall be in sufficient detail to show attendance at the meetings; actions taken by the IRB; the vote on these actions including the number of members voting for, against, and abstaining; the basis for requiring changes in or disapproving research; and a written summary of the discussion of controverted issues and their resolution.
(5) A list of IRB members in the same detail as described is§ 1028.103(b)(3).
(6) Written procedures for the IRB in the same detail as described in§§ 1028.103(b)(4) and 1028.103(b)(5).
(7) Statements of significant new findings provided to subjects, as required by§ 1028.116(b)(5).
(b) The records required by this policy shall be retained for at least 3 years, and records relating to research which is conducted shall be retained for at least 3 years after completion of the research. All records shall be accessible for inspection and copying by authorized representatives of the department or agency at reasonable times and in a reasonable manner.(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under Control Number 0990-0260)
[56 FR 28012, 28019, June 18, 1991, as amended at 70 FR 36328, June 23, 2005]
Title 16 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 16 CFR Part 1028.