16 CFR 1220.2 - Requirements for non-full-size baby cribs.
(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, each non-full-size baby crib shall comply with all applicable provisions of ASTM F 406-10a, Standard Consumer Safety Specification for Non-Full-Size Baby Cribs/Play Yards, approved October 15, 2010. The Director of the Federal Register approves this incorporation by reference in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 552(a) and 11 CFR part 51. You may obtain a copy from ASTM International, 100 Bar Harbor Drive, PO Box 0700, West Conshohocken, PA 19428; telephone 610-832-9585; http://www.astm.org. You may inspect a copy at the Office of the Secretary, U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Room 820, 4330 East West Highway, Bethesda, MD 20814, telephone 301-504-7923, or at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). For information on the availability of this material at NARA, call 202-741-6030, or go to: http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/code_of_federal_regulations/ibr_locations.html.
(b) Comply with the ASTM F 406-10a standard with the following additions or exclusions:
(1) Do not comply with sections 5.6.2 through 18.104.22.168 of ASTM F 406-10a.
(2) Do not comply with section 5.16.2 of ASTM F 406-10a.
(3) Do not comply with section 6.10 of ASTM F 406-10a.
(4) Do not comply with section 7, Performance Requirements for Mesh/Fabric Products, of ASTM F 406-10a.
(5) Instead of complying with section 8.10.1 of ASTM F 406-10a, comply with the following:
(i) The spindle/slat static force test shall be performed with the spindle/slat assemblies removed from the crib and rigidly supported within 3 in. of each end of the upper and lower horizontal rails in a manner that shall not interfere with a spindle/slat deflecting under the applied force. For cribs incorporating foldable or moveable sides for purposes of easier access to the occupant, storage and/or transport, each side segment (portion of side separated by hinges for folding) shall be tested separately.
(6) Do not comply with sections 8.11 through 22.214.171.124 of ASTM F 406-10a.
(7) Do not comply with sections 8.12 through 126.96.36.199 of ASTM F 406-10a.
(8) Do not comply with section 8.14 through 8.14.2 of ASTM F 406-10a.
(9) Do not comply with sections 8.15 through 188.8.131.52 of ASTM F 406-10a.
(10) Do not comply with sections 8.16 through 8.16.3 of ASTM F 406-10a.
(11) Do not comply with section 9.3.2 through 184.108.40.206 of ASTM F 406-10a.
(12) Instead of complying with section 220.127.116.11 of ASTM F 406-10a, comply with the following warning requirement:
(i) Child can become entrapped and die when improvised netting or covers are placed on top of product. Never add such items to confine child in product.
Title 16 published on 2015-12-04.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 16 CFR Part 1220.