16 CFR § 1513.6 - Instructions.
Instructions shall accompany each bunk bed set, and shall include the following information.
(a) Size of mattress and foundation. The length and width of the intended mattress and foundation shall be clearly stated, either numerically or in conventional terms such as twin size, twin extra-long, etc. In addition, the maximum thickness of the mattress and foundation required for compliance with § 1513.3 (a)(5) and (b)(1) of this part shall be stated.
(b) Safety warnings. The instructions shall provide the following safety warnings:
(1) Do not allow children under 6 years of age to use the upper bunk.
(2) Use guardrails on both sides of the upper bunk.
(3) Prohibit horseplay on or under beds.
(4) Prohibit more than one person on upper bunk.
(5) Use ladder for entering or leaving upper bunk.
(6) If the bunk bed will be placed next to a wall, the guardrail that runs the full length of the bed should be placed against the wall to prevent entrapment between the bed and the wall. (This applies only to bunk beds without two full-length guardrails.)