16 CFR 16.11 - Annual comprehensive review.
(a) The Commission shall conduct an annual comprehensive review of the activities and responsibilities of each advisory committee to determine:
(2) Whether, consistent with the provisions of applicable statutes, the responsibilities assigned to it should be revised;
(b) Pertinent factors to be considered in the comprehensive review required by paragraph (a) of this section include the following:
(3) An evaluation of the substance of the committee's reports or recommendations with respect to the Commission's programs or operations;
(4) An evaluation (with emphasis on the preceding twelve month period of the committee's work) of the history of the Commission's utilization of the committee's recommendations in policy formulation, program planning, decision making, more effective achievement of program objectives, and more economical accomplishment of programs in general.
(5) Whether information or recommendations could be obtained from sources within the Commission or from another advisory committee already in existence;
(6) The degree of duplication of effort by the committee as compared with that of other parts of the Commission or other advisory committees; and
(c) The annual review required by this section shall be conducted on a fiscal year basis, and results of the review shall be included in the annual report to the GSA required by § 16.15 of this part. The report shall contain a justification of each advisory committee which the Commission determines should be continued, making reference, as appropriate, to the factors specified in paragraph (b) of this section.
Title 16 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.