16 CFR 703.6 - Recordkeeping.
(a) The Mechanism shall maintain records on each dispute referred to it which shall include:
(1) Name, address and telephone number of the consumer;
(2) Name, address, telephone number and contact person of the warrantor;
(3) Brand name and model number of the product involved;
(4) The date of receipt of the dispute and the date of disclosure to the consumer of the decision;
(5) All letters or other written documents submitted by either party;
(6) All other evidence collected by the Mechanism relating to the dispute, including summaries of relevant and material portions of telephone calls and meetings between the Mechanism and any other person (including consultants described in § 703.4(b) of this part);
(7) A summary of any relevant and material information presented by either party at an oral presentation;
(9) A copy of the disclosure to the parties of the decision;
(10) A statement of the warrantor's intended action(s);
(11) Copies of follow-up letters (or summaries of relevant and material portions of follow-up telephone calls) to the consumer, and responses thereto; and
(12) Any other documents and communications (or summaries of relevant and material portions of oral communications) relating to the dispute.
(d) The Mechanism shall maintain an index as will show all disputes delayed beyond 40 days.
(e) The Mechanism shall compile semi-annually and maintain statistics which show the number and percent of disputes in each of the following categories:
(3) Resolved by staff of the Mechanism and time for compliance has not yet occurred;
(6) Decided by members and time for compliance has not yet occurred;
(8) No jurisdiction;
(9) Decision delayed beyond 40 days under § 703.5(e)(1) of this part;
(10) Decision delayed beyond 40 days under § 703.5(e)(2) of this part;
(11) Decision delayed beyond 40 days for any other reason; and
(12) Pending decision.
(f) The Mechanism shall retain all records specified in paragraphs (a) through (e) of this section for at least 4 years after final disposition of the dispute.