16 CFR 703.6 - Recordkeeping.
(a) The Mechanism shall maintain records on each dispute referred to it which shall include:
(1) Name, address and telephone number of the consumer;
(2) Name, address, telephone number and contact person of the warrantor;
(3) Brand name and model number of the product involved;
(4) The date of receipt of the dispute and the date of disclosure to the consumer of the decision;
(5) All letters or other written documents submitted by either party;
(6) All other evidence collected by the Mechanism relating to the dispute, including summaries of relevant and material portions of telephone calls and meetings between the Mechanism and any other person (including consultants described in § 703.4(b) of this part);
(7) A summary of any relevant and material information presented by either party at an oral presentation;
(8) The decision of the members including information as to date, time and place of meeting, and the identity of members voting; or information on any other resolution;
(9) A copy of the disclosure to the parties of the decision;
(10) A statement of the warrantor's intended action(s);
(11) Copies of follow-up letters (or summaries of relevant and material portions of follow-up telephone calls) to the consumer, and responses thereto; and
(12) Any other documents and communications (or summaries of relevant and material portions of oral communications) relating to the dispute.
(b) The Mechanism shall maintain an index of each warrantor's disputes grouped under brand name and sub-grouped under product model.
(c) The Mechanism shall maintain an index for each warrantor as will show:
(1) All disputes in which the warrantor has promised some performance (either by settlement or in response to a Mechanism decision) and has failed to comply; and
(2) All disputes in which the warrantor has refused to abide by a Mechanism decision.
(d) The Mechanism shall maintain an index as will show all disputes delayed beyond 40 days.
(e) The Mechanism shall compile semi-annually and maintain statistics which show the number and percent of disputes in each of the following categories:
(1) Resolved by staff of the Mechanism and warrantor has complied;
(2) Resolved by staff of the Mechanism, time for compliance has occurred, and warrantor has not complied;
(3) Resolved by staff of the Mechanism and time for compliance has not yet occurred;
(4) Decided by members and warrantor has complied;
(5) Decided by members, time for compliance has occurred, and warrantor has not complied;
(6) Decided by members and time for compliance has not yet occurred;
(7) Decided by members adverse to the consumer;
(8) No jurisdiction;
(9) Decision delayed beyond 40 days under § 703.5(e)(1) of this part;
(10) Decision delayed beyond 40 days under § 703.5(e)(2) of this part;
(11) Decision delayed beyond 40 days for any other reason; and
(12) Pending decision.
(f) The Mechanism shall retain all records specified in paragraphs (a) through (e) of this section for at least 4 years after final disposition of the dispute.
Title 16 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 16 CFR Part 703 after this date.