16 CFR 803.10 - Running of time.
(a)Beginning of waiting period. The waiting period required by the act shall begin on the date of receipt of the notification required by the act, in the manner provided by these rules (or, if such notification is not completed, the notification to the extent completed and a statement of the reasons for such noncompliance in accordance with § 803.3) from:
(1) In the case of acquisitions to which § 801.30 applies, the acquiring person;
(2) In the case of the formation of a corporation covered by Sec. 801.40 or an unincorporated entity covered by Sec. 801.50, all persons contributing to the formation of the joint venture or other corporation that are required by the act and these rules to file notification;
(3) In the case of all other acquisitions, all persons required by the act and these rules to file notification.
(b)Expiration of waiting period.
(1) Subject to paragraph (b)(3) of this section, for purposes of Section 7A(b)(1)(B), the waiting period shall expire at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on the 30th (or in the case of a cash tender offer or of an acquisition covered by 11 U.S.C. 363(b), the 15th) calendar day (or if § 802.23 applies, such other day as that section may provide) following the beginning of the waiting period as determined under paragraph (a) of this section, unless extended pursuant to Section 7A(e) and § 803.20, or Section 7A(g)(2), or unless terminated pursuant to Section 7A(b)(2) and § 803.11.
(2) Unless further extended pursuant to Section 7A(g)(2), or terminated pursuant to Section 7A(b)(2) and § 803.11, any waiting period which has been extended pursuant to Section 7A(e)(2) and § 803.20 shall, subject to paragraph (b)(3) of this section, expire at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time -
(i) On the 30th (or, in the case of a cash tender offer or of an acquisition covered by 11 U.S.C. 363(b), the 10th) day following the date of receipt of all additional information or documentary material requested from all persons to whom such requests have been directed (or, if a request is not fully complied with, the information and documentary material submitted and a statement of the reasons for such noncompliance in accordance with § 803.3), by the Federal Trade Commission or Assistant Attorney General, whichever requested additional information or documentary material, at the office designated in paragraph (c) of this section, or
(ii) As provided in paragraph (b)(1) of this section, whichever is later.
(3) If any waiting period would expire on a Saturday, Sunday, or legal public holiday (as defined in 5 U.S.C. 6103(a)) the waiting period shall be extended to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time of the next regular business day.
(1)Date of receipt and means of delivery. For purposes of this section, these procedures shall apply.
(i) For paper copy filings and DVD filings, the date of receipt shall be the date on which delivery is effected to the designated offices (Premerger Notification Office, Federal Trade Commission, Room 5301, 400 7th Street SW., Washington, DC 20024, and Director of Civil Enforcement, Office of Operations, Antitrust Division, Department of Justice, 950 Pennsylvania Avenue NW., Room #3335, Washington, DC 20530) during normal business hours. Delivery should be effected directly to the designated offices, either by hand or by certified or registered mail (including FedEx and UPS). In the event one or both of the delivery sites are unavailable, the FTC and DOJ may designate alternate sites for delivery of the filing. Notification of the alternate delivery sites will normally be made through a press release and, if possible, on the http://www.ftc.gov Web site.
(ii) Delivery effected after 5 p.m. eastern time on a business day, or at any time on any day other than a business day, shall be deemed effected on the next following business day. If delivery of all required filings to all offices required to receive such filings is not effected on the same date, the date of receipt shall be the latest of the dates on which delivery is effected.
(2)Deficient filings. If notification or a response to a request for additional information or documentary material received by the Commission or Assistant Attorney General does not comply with these rules, the Commission or the Assistant Attorney General shall promptly notify the person filing such notification or response of the deficiencies in such filing, and the date of receipt shall be the date on which a filing which complies with these rules is received.
Title 16 published on 14-Jun-2017 03:58
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 16 CFR Part 803 after this date.
- 16 CFR 803.5 — Affidavits Required.
- 16 CFR 801.30 — Tender Offers and Acquisitions of Voting Securities and Non-Corporate Interests From Third Parties.
- 16 CFR 802.6 — Federal Agency Approval.
- 16 CFR 803.2 — Instructions Applicable to Notification and Report Form.
- 16 CFR 803.30 — Formal and Informal Interpretations of Requirements Under the Act and the Rules.
- 16 CFR 802.23 — Amended or Renewed Tender Offers.