Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
§ 210.6-04 Balance sheets.
This rule is applicable to balance sheets filed by registered investment companies except for persons who substitute a statement of net assets in accordance with the requirements specified in § 210.6-05, and issuers of face-amount certificates which are subject to the special provisions of § 210.6-06 of this part. Balance sheets filed under this rule shall comply with the following provisions:
1. Investments in securities of unaffiliated issuers.
2. Investments in and advances to affiliates. State separately investments in and advances to: (a) Controlled companies and (b) other affiliates.
3. Investments - other than securities. State separately each major category.
4. Total investments.
5. Cash. Include under this caption cash on hand and demand deposits. Provide in a note to the financial statements the information required under § 210.5-02.1 regarding restrictions and compensating balances.
(a) State separately amounts receivable from (1) sales of investments; (2) subscriptions to capital shares; (3) dividends and interest; (4) directors and officers; and (5) others.
(b) If the aggregate amount of notes receivable exceeds 10 percent of the aggregate amount of receivables, the above information shall be set forth separately, in the balance sheet or in a note thereto, for accounts receivable and notes receivable.
7. Deposits for securities sold short and open option contracts. State separately amounts held by others in connection with: (a) Short sales and (b) open option contracts.
8. Other assets. State separately (a) prepaid and deferred expenses; (b) pension and other special funds; (c) organization expenses; and (d) any other significant item not properly classified in another asset caption.
9. Total assets.
10. Accounts payable and accrued liabilities. State separately amounts payable for: (a) Securities sold short; (b) open option contracts written; (c) other purchases of securities; (d) capital shares redeemed; (e) dividends or other distributions on capital shares; and (f) others. State separately the amount of any other liabilities which are material. Securities sold short and open option contracts written shall be stated at value.
11. Deposits for securities loaned. State the value of securities loaned and indicate the nature of the collateral received as security for the loan, including the amount of any cash received.
12. Other liabilities. State separately (a) amounts payable for investment advisory, management and service fees; and (b) the total amount payable to: (1) Officers and directors; (2) controlled companies; and (3) other affiliates, excluding any amounts owing to noncontrolled affiliates which arose in the ordinary course of business and which are subject to usual trade terms.
13. Notes payable, bonds and similar debt.
(a) State separately amounts payable to: (1) Banks or other financial institutions for borrowings; (2) controlled companies; (3) other affiliates; and (4) others, showing for each category amounts payable within one year and amounts payable after one year.
(b) Provide in a note the information required under § 210.5-02.19(b) regarding unused lines of credit for short-term financing and § 210.5-02.22(b) regarding unused commitments for long-term financing arrangements.
14. Total liabilities.
15. Commitments and contingent liabilities.
16. Units of capital.
(a) Disclose the title of each class of capital shares or other capital units, the number authorized, the number outstanding, and the dollar amount thereof.
(b) Unit investment trusts, including those which are issuers of periodic payment plan certificates, also shall state in a note to the financial statements: (1) The total cost to the investors of each class of units or shares; (2) the adjustment for market depreciation or appreciation; (3) other deductions from the total cost to the investors for fees, loads and other charges, including an explanation of such deductions; and (4) the net amount applicable to the investors.
17. Accumulated undistributed income (loss). Disclose:
(a) The accumulated undistributed investment income-net,
(b) accumulated undistributed net realized gains (losses) on investment transactions, and (c) net unrealized appreciation (depreciation) in value of investments at the balance sheet date.
18. Other elements of capital. Disclose any other elements of capital or residual interests appropriate to the capital structure of the reporting entity.
19. Net assets applicable to outstanding units of capital. State the net asset value per share.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.