17 CFR 230.172 - Delivery of prospectuses.
(a)Sending confirmations and notices of allocations. After the effective date of a registration statement, the following are exempt from the provisions of section 5(b)(1) of the Act if the conditions set forth in paragraph (c) of this section are satisfied:
(1) Written confirmations of sales of securities in an offering pursuant to a registration statement that contain information limited to that called for in Rule 10b-10 under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 ( § 240.10b-10 of this chapter) and other information customarily included in written confirmations of sales of securities, which may include notices provided pursuant to Rule 173 ( § 230.173); and
(2) Notices of allocation of securities sold or to be sold in an offering pursuant to the registration statement that may include information identifying the securities (including the CUSIP number) and otherwise may include only information regarding pricing, allocation and settlement, and information incidental thereto.
(b)Transfer of the security. Any obligation under section 5(b)(2) of the Act to have a prospectus that satisfies the requirements of section 10(a) of the Act precede or accompany the carrying or delivery of a security in a registered offering is satisfied if the conditions in paragraph (c) of this section are met.
(1) The registration statement relating to the offering is effective and is not the subject of any pending proceeding or examination under section 8(d) or 8(e) of the Act;
(3) The issuer has filed with the Commission a prospectus with respect to the offering that satisfies the requirements of section 10(a) of the Act or the issuer will make a good faith and reasonable effort to file such a prospectus within the time required under Rule 424 ( § 230.424) and, in the event that the issuer fails to file timely such a prospectus, the issuer files the prospectus as soon as practicable thereafter.
(d)Exclusions. This section shall not apply to any:
(4) Offering registered on Form S-8 ( § 239.16b of this chapter).