17 CFR 230.258 - Suspension of the exemption.
(a)Suspension. The Commission may at any time enter an order temporarily suspending a Regulation A exemption if it has reason to believe that:
(1) No exemption is available or any of the terms, conditions or requirements of Regulation A have not been complied with;
(2) The offering statement, any sales or solicitation of interest material, or any report filed pursuant to Rule 257 ( § 230.257) contains any untrue statement of a material fact or omits to state a material fact necessary in order to make the statements made, in light of the circumstances under which they are made, not misleading;
(3) The offering is being made or would be made in violation of section 17 of the Securities Act;
(4) An event has occurred after the filing of the offering statement that would have rendered the exemption hereunder unavailable if it had occurred before such filing;
(5) Any person specified in Rule 262(a) ( § 230.262(a)) has been indicted for any crime or offense of the character specified in Rule 262(a)(1) ( § 230.262(a)(1)), or any proceeding has been initiated for the purpose of enjoining any such person from engaging in or continuing any conduct or practice of the character specified in Rule 262(a)(2) ( § 230.262(a)(2)), or any proceeding has been initiated for the purposes of Rule 262(a)(3)-(8) ( § 230.262(a)(3) through (8)); or
(6) The issuer or any promoter, officer, director, or underwriter has failed to cooperate, or has obstructed or refused to permit the making of an investigation by the Commission in connection with any offering made or proposed to be made in reliance on Regulation A.
(1) That such order has been entered, together with a brief statement of the reasons for the entry of the order; and
(2) That the Commission, upon receipt of a written request within 30 calendar days after the entry of the order, will, within 20 calendar days after receiving the request, order a hearing at a place to be designated by the Commission.
(c)Suspension order. If no hearing is requested and none is ordered by the Commission, an order entered under paragraph (a) of this section shall become permanent on the 30th calendar day after its entry and shall remain in effect unless or until it is modified or vacated by the Commission. Where a hearing is requested or is ordered by the Commission, the Commission will, after notice of and opportunity for such hearing, either vacate the order or enter an order permanently suspending the exemption.
(d)Permanent suspension. The Commission may, at any time after notice of and opportunity for hearing, enter an order permanently suspending the exemption for any reason upon which it could have entered a temporary suspension order under paragraph (a) of this section. Any such order shall remain in effect until vacated by the Commission.
(e)Notice procedures. All notices required by this rule must be given by personal service, registered or certified mail to the addresses given by the issuer, any underwriter and any selling securityholder in the offering statement.
Title 17 published on 05-Oct-2017 03:48
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 17 CFR Part 230 after this date.