18 CFR 12.10 - Reporting safety-related incidents.
(a)Conditions affecting the safety of a project or its works - 1) Oral reports. An applicant or licensee must report by telephone to the Regional Engineer any condition affecting the safety of a project or projects works, as defined in § 12.3(b)(4). The initial oral report must be made as soon as practicable after that condition is discovered, without unduly interfering with any necessary or appropriate emergency repair, alarm, or other emergency action procedure.
(2)Written reports. Following the initial oral report required in paragraph (a)(1), the applicant or licensee must submit to the Regional Engineer a written report on the condition affecting the safety of the project or project works verified in accordance with § 12.13. The written report must be submitted within the time specified by the Regional Engineer and must contain any information the Regional Engineer directs, including:
(i) The causes of the condition;
(ii) A description of any unusual occurrences or operating circumstances preceding the condition;
(iii) An account of any measure taken to prevent worsening of the condition;
(iv) A detailed description of any damage to project works and the status of any repair;
(v) A detailed description of any personal injuries;
(vi) A detailed description of the nature and extent of any private property damages; and
(vii) Any other relevant information requested by the Regional Engineer.
(3) The level of detail required in any written report must be commensurate with the severity and complexity of the condition.
(b)Deaths or serious injuries.
(1) Promptly after becoming aware of any drowning or other accident resulting in death or serious injury that occurs at the project, the applicant or licensee must report that drowning or other accident to the Regional Engineer in writing, including a description of the cause and location of the accident.
(2) The written report of any death or serious injury considered or alleged to be project related must also describe any remedial actions taken or proposed to avoid or reduce the chance of similar occurrences in the future and be verified in accordance with § 12.13.
(3) Accidents that are not project-related may be reported by providing a copy of a clipping from a newspaper article, if available.
(4) For the purposes of this paragraph, project-related includes any deaths or serious injuries involving a dam, spillway, intake, or power line, or which take place at or immediately above or below a dam.
Title 18 published on 15-Jun-2017 04:02
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 18 CFR Part 12 after this date.