18 CFR 300.11 - Technical support for the rate schedule.
(a) Filing requirement. The Administrator must submit, in conjunction with any application under § 300.10, the technical support data described under paragraph (b) of this section and the analysis of data described under § 300.12 of this subpart.
(b) Data - (1) Statement A - Sales and Revenues. Statement A must include:
(i) Sales and revenues for each rate schedule for the last five years of the historic period, as defined in section 300.1(b)(3);
(ii) For the rate test period, the estimated annual sales and revenues for the existing and each proposed rate schedule, including a separate aggregation of any revenues from sources not covered by the rate schedule according to general classifications of such revenues; and
(iii) Brief explanations of how sales and revenue estimates are prepared and explanations of any changes in sales or revenues during the last five years of the historic period.
(2) Statement B - Power Resources. Statement B must contain a list of the capacity and energy resources for the last five years of the historic period and for the rate test period, used to support the sales and revenues figures contained in Statement A. The statement should identify resources according to the powerplant and any purchase or exchange agreement.
(3) Statement C - Capitalized investments or costs. (i) Statement C must account for all capitalized investments to be repaid from power revenues.
(ii) The statement shall include a listing, by year, of the following:
(A) All initial investments and additions to plant, including interest during construction, that produced revenue during the historic period or are expected to produce revenue during the rate test period;
(B) Capitalized deferred expenses; and
(C) Replacements made during the historic period and replacements projected to be made during the balance of the repayment period.
(iii) For each such investment, the statement shall specify:
(A) Whether the investment is an initial investment, an addition, a replacement, or a capitalized deferred annual expense;
(B) The date the investment was made;
(C) The year in which repayment is due to be completed;
(D) Whether the investment was financed through the issuance of revenue bonds, the appropriate interest rate, and the terms and conditions for such bonds; and
(E) The authority or administrative procedure used for the adoption of such interest rate.
(iv) If available, the amount repaid on each investment to date must be stated, except that if repayment on individual investments is not recorded, the amount repaid to date on each group of investments having common interest rates should be stated.
(v) For each year, the sum of unpaid individual investments or the unpaid portion of interest groups shown above must equal the unamortized investment shown in the power repayment study for that year.
(vi) The statement must describe the methods used to forecast replacements and the price level used to estimate replacement costs.
(4) Statement D - Interest Expenses; Repayment of Investments and Debt Capital. (i) For each capitalized investment and cost listed in Statement C, Statement D must describe, by interest group:
(A) The total unpaid balance outstanding at the end of the historic period;
(B) Payments made on principal and interest during each of the last five years of the historic period; and
(C) Annual payments expected to be made through the cost evaluation period.
(ii) The statement must describe how the interest expense was determined for each type of investment and include examples of such computations.
(5) Statement E - Operation, Maintenance and Other Annual Expenses. Statement E must contain, for the last five years of the historic period and for the rate test period, as appropriate, a tabulation of actual and projected operation and maintenance, administrative and general, purchased power, wheeling, and any other expenses, other than interest. Statement E must:
(i) List expenses for each individual source, if purchased power and other similar expenses are derived from more than one source;
(ii) Explain any significant deviations from trends in expenses or any extraordinary expenses; and
(iii) Explain the price level used for estimating expenses.
(6) Statement F - Cost Allocations. (i) Statement F must contain, for each multiple-purpose reservoir project, unit, division, or system, a table or other summary showing total investment costs, the total annual operation and maintenance costs, and the allocation of all such costs among the various authorized purposes.
(ii) The statement must show the amount of power costs suballocated to irrigation functions, any changes from previous allocations, and the procedure used in allocating such costs. Currently valid allocations previously submitted to the Commission need not be furnished, if referenced.