18 CFR 385.403 - Methods of discovery; general provisions (Rule 403).
(a)Discovery methods. Participants may obtain discovery by data requests, written interrogatories, and requests for production of documents or things (Rule 406), depositions by oral examination (Rule 404), requests for inspection of documents and other property (Rule 407), and requests for admission (Rule 408).
(1) The presiding officer may direct the participants in a proceeding or their representatives to appear for one or more conferences, either separately or as part of any other prehearing conference in the proceeding under Rule 601(a), for the purpose of scheduling discovery, identifying discovery issues, and resolving discovery disputes. Except as provided in paragraph (b)(2) of this section, the presiding officer, upon the conclusion of a conference, will issue an order stating any and all decisions made and agreements reached during the conference.
(c)Identification and certification of preparer. Each response to discovery under this subpart must:
(1) Identify the preparer or person under whose direct supervision the response was prepared; and
(2) Be under oath or, for representatives of a public or private corporation or a partnership or association or a governmental agency, be accompanied by a signed certification of the preparer or person supervising the preparation of the response on behalf of the entity that the response is true and accurate to the best of that person's knowledge, information, and belief formed after a reasonable inquiry.
(d)Supplementation of responses.
(1) Except as otherwise provided by this paragraph, a participant that has responded to a request for discovery with a response that was complete when made is not under a continuing duty to supplement that response to include information later acquired.
(2) A participant must make timely amendment to any prior response if the participant obtains information upon the basis of which the participant knows that the response was incorrect when made, or though correct when made is now incorrect in any material respect.
(4) A participant may request supplementation of prior responses, if such request is permitted under the procedural schedule.
Title 18 published on 06-Jul-2017 03:31
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 18 CFR Part 385 after this date.