18 CFR 385.713 - Request for rehearing (Rule 713).
(1) This section applies to any request for rehearing of a final Commission decision or other final order, if rehearing is provided for by statute, rule, or order.
(ii) When the Commission presides at the reception of the evidence;
(iv) On review of an initial decision without exceptions under Rule 712; and
(3) For the purposes of rehearing under this section, any initial decision under Rule 709 is a final Commission decision after the time provided for Commission review under Rule 712, if there are no exceptions filed to the decision and no review of the decision is initiated under Rule 712.
(c)Content of request. Any request for rehearing must:
(1) State concisely the alleged error in the final decision or final order;
(2) Conform to the requirements in Rule 203(a), which are applicable to pleadings, and, in addition, include a separate section entitled “Statement of Issues,” listing each issue in a separately enumerated paragraph that includes representative Commission and court precedent on which the party is relying; any issue not so listed will be deemed waived; and
(3) Set forth the matters relied upon by the party requesting rehearing, if rehearing is sought based on matters not available for consideration by the Commission at the time of the final decision or final order.
(1) The Commission will not permit answers to requests for rehearing.
(2) The Commission may afford parties an opportunity to file briefs or present oral argument on one or more issues presented by a request for rehearing.
(f)Commission action on rehearing. Unless the Commission acts upon a request for rehearing within 30 days after the request is filed, the request is denied.
Title 18 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 18 CFR Part 385 after this date.