18 CFR § 4.93 - Action on exemption applications.
(a) An application for exemption that does not meet the eligibility requirements of § 4.30(b)(30)(iv) may be accepted, provided the application has been accompanied by a request for waiver under § 4.92(a)(1) and the waiver request has not been denied. Acceptance of an application that has been accompanied by a request for waiver under § 4.92(a)(1) does not constitute a ruling on the waiver request, unless expressly stated in the acceptance.
(1) Protect the quality or quantity of the related water supply for agricultural, municipal, or industrial consumption;
(2) Otherwise protect life, health, or property;
(3) Avoid or mitigate adverse environmental impact; or
(4) Conserve, develop, or utilize in the public interest the water power resources of the region.
(d) Conversion to license application.
(2) The applicant must provide the Commission with written notification, within 30 days after the date of issuance of the order denying exemption, that it intends to convert the exemption application into a license application. The applicant must submit to the Commission, no later than 90 days after the date of issuance of the order denying exemption, additional information that is necessary to conform the exemption application to the relevant regulations for a license application.
(3) If all the information timely submitted is found sufficient, together with the application for exemption, to conform to the relevant regulations for a license application, the converted application will be considered accepted for filing as of the date that the exemption application was accepted for filing.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.