18 CFR 806.30 - Monitoring.
The Commission, as part of the project review, shall evaluate the proposed methodology for monitoring consumptive uses, water withdrawals and mitigating flows, including flow metering devices, stream gages, and other facilities used to measure the withdrawals or consumptive use of the project or the rate of stream flow. If the Commission determines that additional flow measuring, metering or monitoring devices are required, these shall be provided at the expense of the project sponsor, installed in accordance with a schedule set by the Commission, be accurate to within 5 percent, and shall be subject to inspection by the Commission at any time.
(a) Project sponsors of projects that are approved under this part shall:
(1) Measure and record on a daily basis, or such other frequency as may be approved by the Commission, the quantity of all withdrawals, using meters or other methods approved by the Commission.
(2) Certify, at the time of installation and no less frequently than once every 5 years, the accuracy of all measuring devices and methods to within 5 percent of actual flow, unless specified otherwise by the Commission.
(3) Maintain metering or other approved methods so as to provide a continuous, accurate record of the withdrawal or consumptive use.
(4) Measure groundwater levels in all approved production wells, as specified by the Commission.
(5) Measure groundwater levels at additional monitoring locations, as specified by the Commission.
(6) Measure water levels in surface storage facilities, as specified by the Commission.
(7) Measure stream flows, passby flows or conservation releases, as specified by the Commission, using methods and at frequencies approved by the Commission.
(b) Reporting. (1) Project sponsors whose projects are approved under this section shall report to the Commission on a quarterly basis on forms and in a manner prescribed by the Commission all information recorded under paragraph (a) of this section, unless otherwise specified by the Commission.
(2) Project sponsors whose projects are approved under this section shall report to the Commission:
(i) Violations of withdrawal limits and any conditions of approvals, within 5 days of such violation.
(ii) Loss of measuring or recording capabilities required under paragraph (a)(1) of this section, within 5 days after any such loss.
Title 18 published on 2015-04-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 18 CFR Part 806 after this date.