(1) Need not be in a prescribed format but must be in writing or must be transmitted electronically pursuant to any electronic means authorized by CBP for that purpose;
(2) Must include the following information:
(i) The legal name, address, telephone and e-mail address of the importer of record of the good (if known);
(ii) The legal name, address, telephone and e-mail address of the exporter of the good (if different from the producer);
(iii) The legal name, address, telephone and e-mail address of the producer of the good (if known);
(iv) A description of the good for which preferential tariff treatment is claimed, which must be sufficiently detailed to relate it to the invoice and the HS nomenclature;
(v) The HTSUS tariff classification, to six or more digits, as necessary for the specific change in tariff classification rule for the good set forth in General Note 26(n), HTSUS;
(vi) The preference criterion as set forth in paragraph (f) of this section.
(b)Statement. A certification submitted to CBP under paragraph (a) of this section must include a statement, in substantially the following form:
“I Certify that:
The information on this document is true and accurate and I assume the responsibility for proving such representations. I understand that I am liable for any false statements or material omissions made on or in connection with this document;
I agree to maintain, and present upon request, documentation necessary to support this certification, and to inform, in writing, all persons to whom the certification was given of any changes that could affect the accuracy or validity of this certification; and
The goods originated in the territory of one or more of the parties, and comply with the origin requirements specified for those goods in the United States-Chile Free Trade Agreement; there has been no further production or any other operation outside the territories of the parties, other than unloading, reloading, or any other operation necessary to preserve it in good condition or to transport the good to the United States; and
This document consists of __ pages, including all attachments.”
(d)Language. The certification or other information submitted under paragraph (a) of this section must be completed either in the English or Spanish language. If the certification or other information is completed in Spanish, the importer must also provide to the port director, upon request, a written English translation of the certification or other information.
(e)Applicability of certification. A certification may be applicable to:
(1) A single importation of a good into the United States, including a single shipment that results in the filing of one or more entries and a series of shipments that results in the filing of one entry; or
(2) Multiple importations of identical goods into the United States that occur within a specified blanket period, not exceeding 12 months. In the case of multiple shipments of identical goods, the certification must specify the blanket period in “mm/dd/yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy” format.
(f)Preference criteria. The preference criterion to be included on the certification or other information as required in paragraph (a)(2)(vi) of this section is as follows:
(1) Preference criterion “A”, refers to a good that is wholly obtained or produced entirely in the territory of Chile or of the United States, or both (see General Note 26(b)(i), HTSUS);
(2) Preference criterion “B”, refers to a good that is produced entirely in the territory of Chile or the United States, or both (see General Note 26(b)(ii), HTSUS), and
(i) Each of the non-originating materials used in the production of the good undergoes an applicable change in tariff classification specified in General Note 26(n), HTSUS, or
(ii) The good otherwise satisfies any applicable regional value content or other requirements specified in General Note 26(n), HTSUS;
(3) Preference criterion “C” refers to a good that is produced entirely in the territory of Chile or the United States, or both, exclusively from originating materials (see General Note 26(b)(iii), HTSUS).