19 CFR 10.66 - Articles exported for temporary exhibition and returned; horses exported for horse racing and returned; procedure on entry.
(a) In connection with the entry of articles, including livestock or other animals, exported for temporary exhibition and returned and claimed to be exempt from duty under subheading 9801.00.50 or 9801.00.60, Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTSUS), there shall be filed:
(1) A certificate of exportation on Customs Form 3311, or its electronic equivalent;
(2) A declaration of the importer on Customs Form 4455, or its electronic equivalent, for articles of either domestic or foreign origin; and
(3) In the case of animals of foreign origin taken abroad for exhibition in connection with a circus or menagerie, a copy of an inventory of these animals filed prior to their leaving the country with the director of the port of their departure.
(b) If it is shown to be impracticable to produce the certificate of exportation required under paragraph (a)(1) of this section, the port director may accept other satisfactory evidence of exportation, or may take a bond on Customs Form 301, containing the bond conditions set forth in § 113.62 of this chapter to secure the production of such certificate or other evidence.
(c) Articles claimed to be exempt from duty under subheading 9801.00.50 or 9801.00.60, Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTSUS) (19 U.S.C. 1202), may be returned free of duty without formal entry and without regard to the requirements of paragraph (a) or (b) of this section if:
(1) Prior to the exportation of such articles, an application on Customs Form 4455, or its electronic equivalent, (accompanied by an appropriate inventory, when required by law or by the port director) is filed with a declaration thereon that:
(i) Any right to drawback of Customs duties with respect to that shipment was waived;
(ii) Any internal revenue tax due has been paid and no refund thereof will be sought; and
(iii) The merchandise was identified, registered, and exported in accordance with the regulations set forth in §§ 10.8(e), (g), (h), and (i), governing the exportation of articles sent abroad for repairs, and
(2) Upon return, a duplicate Customs Form 4455, or its electronic equivalent, (with accompanying inventory where one was required) is filed.
Title 19 published on 2015-04-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 19 CFR Part 10 after this date.