19 CFR 10.704 - Declaration.
(a)Contents. An importer who claims preferential tariff treatment for a good under the US-JFTA must submit, at the request of the Center director, a declaration setting forth all pertinent information concerning the production or manufacture of the good. A declaration submitted to CBP under this paragraph:
(1) Need not be in a prescribed format but must be in writing or must be transmitted electronically pursuant to any electronic means authorized by CBP for that purpose;
(2) Must include the following information:
(ii) The legal name, address, telephone, and e-mail address (if any) of the responsible official or authorized agent of the importer signing the declaration (if different from the information required by paragraph (a)(2)(i) of this section);
(v) A description of the good, quantity, numbers, and marks of packages, invoice numbers, and bills of lading;
(vii) A description of any materials used in the production of the good that are wholly the growth, product, or manufacture of Jordan or the United States, and a statement as to the cost or value of such materials;
(viii) A description of the operations performed on, and a statement as to the origin and cost or value of, any foreign materials used in the good that are claimed to have been sufficiently processed in Jordan so as to be materials produced in Jordan; and
(3) Must include a statement, in substantially the following form:
“I certify that:
The information on this document is true and accurate and I assume the responsibility for proving such representations. I understand that I am liable for any false statements or material omissions made on or in connection with this document;
I agree to maintain, and present upon request, documentation necessary to support these representations;
The goods comply with all the requirements for preferential tariff treatment specified for those goods in the United States-Jordan Free Trade Agreement; and
This document consists of __ pages, including all attachments.”
(c)Language. The declaration must be completed in the English language.
(d)Applicability of declaration. The declaration may be applicable to:
(1) A single importation of a good into the United States, including a single shipment that results in the filing of one or more entries and a series of shipments that results in the filing of one entry; or
(2) Multiple importations of identical goods into the United States that occur within a specified blanket period, not exceeding 12 months, set out in the declaration. For purposes of this paragraph, “identical goods” means goods that are the same in all respects relevant to the production that qualifies the goods for preferential tariff treatment.
Title 19 published on 2015-11-19
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 19 CFR Part 10 after this date.
Title 19 published on 2015-11-19.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 19.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.