19 CFR 10.764 - Declaration.
(a)Contents. An importer who claims preferential tariff treatment for a good under the MFTA must submit to CBP, at the request of the port director, a declaration setting forth all pertinent information concerning the growth, production, or manufacture of the good. A declaration submitted to CBP under this paragraph:
(1) Need not be in a prescribed format but must be in writing or must be transmitted electronically pursuant to any electronic means authorized by CBP for that purpose;
(2) Must include the following information:
(ii) The legal name, address, telephone, and e-mail address (if any) of the responsible official or authorized agent of the importer signing the declaration (if different from the information required by paragraph (a)(2)(i) of this section);
(v) A description of the good, which must be sufficiently detailed to relate it to the invoice and HS nomenclature, including quantity, numbers, invoice numbers, and bills of lading;
(vi) A description of the operations performed in the growth, production, or manufacture of the good in the territory of one or both of the Parties and, where applicable, identification of the direct costs of processing operations;
(vii) A description of any materialsused in the growth, production, or manufacture of the good that are wholly the growth, product, or manufacture of one or both of the Parties, and a statement as to the value of such materials;
(viii) A description of the operations performed on, and a statement as to the origin and value of, any materialsused in the article that are claimed to have been sufficiently processed in the territory of one or both of the Parties so as to be materials produced in one or both of the Parties, or are claimed to have undergone an applicable change in tariff classification specified in General Note 27(h), HTSUS; and
(ix) A description of the origin and value of any foreign materialsused in the good that have not been substantially transformed in the territory of one or both of the Parties, or have not undergone an applicable change in tariff classification specified in General Note 27(h), HTSUS;
(3) Must include a statement, in substantially the following form:
“I certify that:
The information on this document is true and accurate and I assume the responsibility for proving such representations. I understand that I am liable for any false statements or material omissions made on or in connection with this document;
I agree to maintain and present upon request, documentation necessary to support these representations;
The goods comply with all the requirements for preferential tariff treatment specified for those goods in the United States-Morocco Free Trade Agreement; and
This document consists of __pages, including all attachments.”
(c)Language. The declaration must be completed in the English language.
(d)Applicability of declaration. The declaration may be applicable to:
(1) A single importation of a good into the United States, including a single shipment that results in the filing of one or more entries and a series of shipments that results in the filing of one entry; or
(2) Multiple importations of identical goods into the United States that occur within a specified blanket period, not exceeding 12 months, set out in the declaration. For purposes of this paragraph, “identical goods” means goods that are the same in all respects relevant to the production that qualifies the goods for preferential tariff treatment.
Title 19 published on 2015-11-19
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 19 CFR Part 10 after this date.
Title 19 published on 2015-11-19.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 19.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.