19 CFR 10.770 - Originating goods.
(1) The good is wholly the growth, product, or manufacture of one or both of the Parties;
(2) The good is a new or different article of commerce, as defined in § 10.769(i) of this subpart, that has been grown, produced, or manufactured in the territory of one or both of the Parties, is provided for in a heading or subheading of the HTSUS that is not covered by the product-specific rules set forth in General Note 27(h), HTSUS, and meets the value-content requirement specified in paragraph (b) of this section; or
(A) Each of the non-originating materials used in the production of the good undergoes an applicable change in tariff classification specified in General Note 27(h), HTSUS, as a result of production occurring entirely in the territory of one or both of the Parties; or
(b)Value-content requirement. A good described in paragraph (a)(2) of this section will be considered an originating good under the MFTA only if the sum of the value of materials produced in one or both of the Parties, plus the direct costs of processing operations (see § 10.774 of this subpart) performed in one or both of the Parties, is not less than 35 percent of the appraised value of the good at the time the good is entered into the territory of the United States.
(c)Combining, packaging, and diluting operations. For purposes of this subpart, a good will not be considered a new or different article of commerce by virtue of having undergone simple combining or packaging operations, or mere dilution with water or another substance that does not materially alter the characteristics of the good. The principles and examples set forth in § 10.195(a)(2) of this part will apply equally for purposes of this paragraph.
- 19 CFR 10.772 — Accumulation.
- 19 CFR 10.776 — Indirect Materials.
- 19 CFR 10.778 — Filing of Claim for Tariff Preference Level.
- 19 CFR 10.774 — Direct Costs of Processing Operations.
- 19 CFR 10.773 — Value of Materials.
- 19 CFR 10.775 — Packaging and Packing Materials and Containers for Retail Sale and for Shipment.