(a) In addition to regular entry procedures, supplementary documentation is required in connection with duty-free entries under subheading 9801.00.25, Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (19 U.S.C. 1202), of articles which were originally entered duty paid, removed from Customs custody, and subsequently exported, if:
(1) The articles were exported within 3 years after the date of the previous importation.
(2) The articles were not advanced in value or improved in condition by any process of manufacture or other means while abroad.
(3) The articles did not conform to sample or specifications abroad.
(4) The articles are reimported by or for the account of the person who imported them into and exported them from the United States.
(b) The following supplementary documents shall be filed in connection with the entry of articles claimed to be free of duty under subheading 9801.00.25, Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States:
(1) A declaration by the person abroad who received and is returning the merchandise to the United States, in substantially the following form:
I declare that the___________ (Description of articles) were received by me from _________________ (Name and address of U.S. exporter), that they have not been advanced in value or improved in condition by any process of manufacture or other means and are being returned to ________________(Name and address of consignee in the United States) because they do not conform to sample or specifications for the following reasons:
(2) A declaration by the owner, importer, consignee, or agent, in substantially the following form:
I declare that the ___________ (Description of articles) were previously imported into the United States at the Port of ________ (Name of port), Entry No.___, on _______ (Date of entry) by ___________ (Name and address of importer) at which time duty was paid; that they were exported from the United States at the Port of ________ (Name of port) on __________ (Date of exportation) by ___________ (Name and address of exporter) without benefit of drawback; that the articles are being reimported by or for the account of ________, and, that the attached declaration from ________________ (Name of foreign shipper) is correct in every respect.
(c) If the port director concerned is reasonably satisfied because of the nature of the articles or production of other evidence that the requirements of subheading 9801.00.25, Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States, and the related section and additional U.S. notes have been met, he may waive the production of the documents provided for in paragraph (b) of this section.
[T.D. 72-221, 37 FR 17469, Aug. 29, 1972, as amended by T.D. 89-1, 53 FR 51247, Dec. 21, 1988]
Title 19 published on 2014-04-01.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 19.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.