§ 216.12 When current connection is required.
(a) A current connection is required to qualify an individual for the following types of railroad retirement benefits:
(1) An employee occupational disability annuity as described in subpart D of this part;
(2) A supplemental annuity as described in subpart E of this part;
(3) An employee vested dual benefit in certain cases;
(4) A survivor annuity as described in subparts G, H, and I of this part; and
(5) A lump-sum death payment as described in part 234 of this chapter.
(b) A current connection which was established when an employee's annuity began is effective for:
(1) Any annuity under this part for which the employee later becomes eligible; and
(2) Any survivor annuity under this part or a lump-sum death payment under part 234 of this chapter.