20 CFR 404.1312 - World War II service included.
Your service was in the active service of the United States during the World War II period if you were in the -
(a) Army, Navy, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard, or any part of them;
(b) Commissioned corps of the United States Public Health Service and were -
(1) On active commissioned service during the period beginning September 16, 1940, through July 28, 1945, and the active service was done while on detail to the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard; or
(2) On active commissioned service during the period beginning July 29, 1945, through July 24, 1947, regardless of whether on detail to the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard;
(c) Commissioned corps of the United States Coast and Geodetic Survey and were -
(1) During the World War II period -
(i) Transferred to active service with the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard; or
(ii) Assigned to active service on military projects in areas determined by the Secretary of Defense to be areas of immediate military hazard; or
(2) On active service in the Philippine Islands on December 7, 1941; or
(3) On active service during the period beginning July 29, 1945, through July 24, 1947;
(d) Philippine Scouts and performed active service during the World War II period under the direct supervision of recognized military authority;
(e) Active service of an allied country during the World War II period and -
(1) Had entered into that active service before December 9, 1941;
(2) Were a citizen of the United States throughout that period of active service or lost your United States citizenship solely because of your entrance into that service;
(3) Had resided in the United States for a total of four years during the five-year period ending on the day you entered that active service; and
(4) Were domiciled in the United States on that day; or
(f) Women's Army Auxiliary Corps, during the period May 14, 1942, through September 29, 1943, and performed active service with the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard after September 29, 1943.
Title 20 published on 2015-04-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 20 CFR Part 404 after this date.