20 CFR § 404.1540 - Evaluating compliance with the treatment requirements.
(1) Monitor your attendance at and participation in treatment sessions;
(2) Provide reports of the results of any clinical testing (such as, hematological or urinalysis studies for individuals with drug addiction and hematological studies and breath analysis for individuals with alcoholism) when such tests are likely to yield important information;
(3) Provide observational reports from the treatment professionals familiar with your individual case (subject to verification and Federal confidentiality requirements); or
(4) Provide their assessment or views on your noncompliance with treatment requirements.
(b)Measuring progress. Generally, we will consider information from the treatment institution or facility to evaluate your progress in completing your treatment plan. Examples of milestones for measuring your progress with the treatment which has been prescribed for your drug addiction or alcoholism may include (but are not limited to) -
(1) Abstinence from drug or alcohol use (initial progress may include significant reduction in use);
(2) Consistent attendance at and participation in treatment sessions;
(3) Improved social functioning and levels of gainful activity;
(4) Participation in vocational rehabilitation activities; or
(5) Avoidance of criminal activity.