20 CFR 422.305 - Report of overdue program overpayment debts to consumer reporting agencies.
(a) Debts we will report. We will report to consumer reporting agencies all overdue program overpayment debts over $25.
(b) Notice to debtor. Before we report any such debt to a consumer reporting agency, we will send the debtor written notice of the following:
(1) We have determined that payment of the debt is overdue;
(2) We will refer the debt to a consumer reporting agency at the expiration of not less than 60 calendar days after the date of the notice unless, within that 60-day period, the debtor pays the full amount of the debt or takes either of the actions described in paragraphs (b)(6) or (b)(7) of this section;
(3) The specific information we will provide to the consumer reporting agency, including information that identifies the debtor (e.g., name, address, and social security number) and the amount, status, and history of the debt;
(4) The debtor has the right to a complete explanation of the debt;
(5) The debtor may dispute the accuracy of the information to be provided to the consumer reporting agency;
(6) The debtor may request a review of the debt by giving us evidence showing that he or she does not owe all or part of the amount of the debt or that we do not have the right to collect it; and
(7) The debtor may request an installment payment plan.
(c) Disputing the information that we would send to consumer reporting agencies. If a debtor believes that the information we propose to send to consumer reporting agencies is incorrect, the debtor may ask us to correct such information. If, within 60 calendar days from the date of our notice described in paragraph (b) of this section, the debtor notifies us that any information to be sent to consumer reporting agencies is incorrect, we will not send the information to consumer reporting agencies until we determine the correct information.
Title 20 published on 2015-04-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 20 CFR Part 422 after this date.