20 CFR 664.450 - What are follow-up services for youth?
(a) Follow-up services for youth may include:
(1) The leadership development and supportive service activities listed in §§ 664.420 and 664.440;
(2) Regular contact with a youth participant's employer, including assistance in addressing work-related problems that arise;
(3) Assistance in securing better paying jobs, career development and further education;
(4) Work-related peer support groups;
(5) Adult mentoring; and
(6) Tracking the progress of youth in employment after training.
(b) All youth participants must receive some form of follow-up services for a minimum duration of 12 months. Follow-up services may be provided beyond twelve (12) months at the State or Local Board's discretion. The types of services provided and the duration of services must be determined based on the needs of the individual. The scope of these follow-up services may be less intensive for youth who have only participated in summer youth employment opportunities. (WIA sec. 129(c)(2)(I).)