20 CFR 671.170 - What are the program and administrative requirements that apply to national emergency grants?
(b) Exceptions include:
(1) Funds provided in response to a natural disaster may be used for temporary job creation in areas declared eligible for public assistance by FEMA, subject to the limitations of WIA section 173(d), this part and the application guidelines issued by the Department;
(2) National emergency grant funds may be used to pay an appropriate level of administrative costs based on the design and complexity of the project. We will negotiate administration costs with the applicant as part of the application review and grant award and modification processes;
(3) The period of availability for expenditure of funds under a national emergency grant is specified in the grant agreement.
(4) We may establish supplemental reporting, monitoring and oversight requirements for national emergency grants. The requirements will be identified in the grant application instructions or the grant document.
(5) We may negotiate and fund projects under terms other than those specified in this part where it can be clearly demonstrated that such adjustments will achieve a greater positive benefit for the workers and/or communities being assisted.