20 CFR 725.232 - Member of the same household - “living with,” “living in the same household,” and “living in the miner's household,” defined.
(1) The term “member of the same household” as used in section 402(a)(2) of the Act (with respect to a spouse); the term “living with” as used in section 402(e) of the Act (with respect to a surviving spouse); and the term “living in the same household” as used in this subpart, means that a husband and wife were customarily living together as husband and wife in the same place.
(2) The term “living in the miner's household” as used in section 412(a)(5) of the Act (with respect to a parent, brother, or sister) means that the miner and such parent, brother, or sister were sharing the same residence.
(b)Temporary absence. The temporary absence from the same residence of either the miner, or the miner's spouse, parent, brother, or sister (as the case may be), does not preclude a finding that one was “living with” the other, or that they were “members of the same household.” The absence of one such individual from the residence in which both had customarily lived shall, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, be considered temporary:
(1) If such absence was due to service in the Armed Forces of the United States; or
(2) If the period of absence from his or her residence did not exceed 6 months and the absence was due to business or employment reasons, or because of confinement in a penal institution or in a hospital, nursing home, or other curative institution; or
(3) In any other case, if the evidence establishes that despite such absence they nevertheless reasonably expected to resume physically living together.
(c)Relevant period of time.
(2) The determination as to whether a spouse is a “member of the same household” as the miner shall be based upon the facts and circumstances with respect to the period or periods of time as to which the issue of membership in the same household is material.
Title 20 published on 20-May-2017 03:30
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 20 CFR Part 725 after this date.