21 CFR 14.25 - Portions of advisory committee meetings.
An advisory committee meeting has the following portions:
(a)The open public hearing. Every committee meeting includes an open portion, which constitutes a public hearing during which interested persons may present relevant information or views orally or in writing. The hearing is conducted in accordance with § 14.29.
(b)The open committee discussion. A committee discusses any matter pending before it in an open portion of its meeting unless the meeting has been closed for that matter under § 14.27. To the maximum extent feasible, consistent with the policy expressed in § 14.27, a committee conducts its discussion of pending matters in an open portion. No public participation is permissible during this portion of the meeting except with the consent of the committee Chairperson.
(c)The closed presentation of data. Information prohibited from public disclosure under part 20 and the regulations referenced therein is presented to the committee in a closed portion of its meeting. However, if information is in the form of a summary that is not prohibited from public disclosure, the presentation is to be made in an open portion of a meeting.
(d)The closed committee deliberations. Deliberations about matters before an advisory committee may be held in a closed portion of a meeting only upon an appropriate determination by the Commissioner under § 14.27.
- 21 CFR 14.75 — Examination of Administrative Record and Other Advisory Committee Records.
- 21 CFR 14.60 — Minutes and Reports of Advisory Committee Meetings.
- 21 CFR 14.22 — Meetings of an Advisory Committee.
- 21 CFR 14.86 — Rights and Responsibilities of Nonvoting Members of Advisory Committees.
- 21 CFR 14.29 — Conduct of a Hearing Before an Advisory Committee.
- 21 CFR 14.27 — Determination to Close Portions of Advisory Committee Meetings.