21 CFR 20.21 - Uniform access to records.
Any record of the Food and Drug Administration that is disclosed in an authorized manner to any member of the public is available for disclosure to all members of the public, except that:
(a) Data and information subject to the exemptions established in § 20.61 for trade secrets and confidential commercial or financial information, and in § 20.63 for personal privacy, shall be disclosed only to the persons for the protection of whom these exemptions exist.
(b) The limited disclosure of records permitted in § 7.87(c) of this chapter for section 305 hearing records, in § 20.80(b) regarding certain limitations on exemptions, in § 20.103(b) for certain correspondence, and in § 20.104(b) for certain summaries of oral discussions, shall be subject to the special rules stated therein.
(c) Disclosure of a record about an individual, as defined in § 21.3(a) of this chapter, that is retrieved by the individual's name or other personal identifier and is contained in a Privacy Act Record System, as defined in § 21.3(c) of this chapter, shall be subject to the special requirements of part 21 of this chapter. Disclosure of such a record to an individual who is the subject of the record does not invoke the rule established in this section that such records shall be made available for disclosure to all members of the public.
- 21 CFR 7.87 — Records Related to Opportunities for Presentation of Views Conducted Before Report of Criminal Violation.
- 21 CFR 20.82 — Discretionary Disclosure by the Commissioner.
- 21 CFR 20.89 — Communications With Foreign Government Officials.
- 21 CFR 20.64 — Records or Information Compiled for Law Enforcement Purposes.
- 21 CFR 20.80 — Applicability of Limitations on Exemptions.
- 21 CFR 20.88 — Communications With State and Local Government Officials.