(a) This part applies to conformity assessment procedures for products and/or processes and to other related cooperative activities as described in this part.
(b) Subparts A and B of this part may include:
(1) A description of the relevant legislative, regulatory, and administrative provisions pertaining to the conformity assessment procedures and technical regulations;
(2) A statement on the product scope and coverage;
(3) A list of designating authorities;
(4) A list of agreed conformity assessment bodies (CAB's) or authorities or a source from which to obtain a list of such bodies or authorities and a statement of the scope of the conformity assessment procedures for which each has been agreed;
(5) The procedures and criteria for designating the CAB's;
(6) A description of the mutual recognition obligations;
(7) A sectoral transition arrangement;
(8) The identity of a sectoral contact point in each party's territory; and
(9) A statement regarding the establishment of a Joint Sectoral Committee.
(c) This part shall not be construed to entail mutual acceptance of standards or technical regulations of the parties and, unless otherwise specified in subpart A or B of this part, shall not entail the mutual recognition of the equivalence of standards or technical regulations.
Title 21 published on 2014-04-01.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 21.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.