21 CFR 310.502 - Certain drugs accorded new drug status through rulemaking procedures.
(a) The drugs listed in this paragraph have been determined by rulemaking procedures to be new drugs within the meaning of section 201(p) of the act. An approved new drug application under section 505 of the act and part 314 of this chapter is required for marketing the following drugs:
(1) Aerosol drug products for human use containing 1,1,1-trichloroethane.
(2) Aerosol drug products containing zirconium.
(3) Amphetamines (amphetamine, dextroamphetamine, and their salts, and levamfetamine and its salts) for human use.
(4) Camphorated oil drug products.
(5) Certain halogenated salicylanilides (tribromsalan (TBS, 3,4′,5-tribromosalicylanilide), dibromsalan (DBS, 4′, 5-dibromosalicylanilide), metabromsalan (MBS, 3, 5-dibromosalicylanilide), and 3,3′, 4,5′-tetrachlorosalicylanilide (TC-SA)) as an ingredient in drug products.
(6) Chloroform used as an ingredient (active or inactive) in drug products.
(7) Cobalt preparations intended for use by man.
(8) Intrauterine devices for human use for the purpose of contraception that incorporate heavy metals, drugs, or other active substances.
(9) Oral prenatal drugs containing fluorides intended for human use.
(10) Parenteral drug products in plastic containers.
(11) Sterilization of drugs by irradiation.
(12) Sweet spirits of nitre drug products.
(13) Thorium dioxide for drug use.
(14) Timed release dosage forms.
(15) Vinyl chloride as an ingredient, including propellant, in aerosol drug products.
Title 21 published on 10-May-2017 03:43
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 21 CFR Part 310 after this date.
- 21 CFR 330.14 — Additional Criteria and Procedures for Classifying OTC Drugs as Generally Recognized as Safe and Effective and Not Misbranded.
- 21 CFR 884.5360 — Contraceptive Intrauterine Device (IUD) and Introducer.
- 21 CFR 330.15 — Timelines for FDA Review and Action on Time and Extent Applications and Safety and Effectiveness Data Submissions.